1. These terms and conditions relate to your application to participate in a talent search competition created in suport of the Oxted Carnival with the aim of finding acts for a live “Show” at the Oxted Carnival in 2018 and the information given by you in your application may be used for that purpose should you be selected to audition.
2. The competition is open to all those who live, work or attend full-time education in the RH8 postcode area. Applications from outside this area may be accepted at the discretion of the "Organiser".
3. You acknowledge and agree to abide by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions of this competition as determined by the Organiser (the "Rules") and you acknowledge that the Rules may be changed (including without limitation verbally) at any time by the Organiser in its sole discretion. the Organiser’s decisions regarding all elements of the application process, the competition, the auditions and the Show shall be final and binding.
4. The closing date for online applications wiil be at the Organiser's discretion but applications will be accepted at least until the date of the next Carnival.
5. the Organiser reserves the right to introduce other application methods at its sole discretion and the closing dates for such methods will be as stated in the relevant promotion.
6. the Organiser, its agents and sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any online applications, telephone networks, line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any applications not being properly received.
8. Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
9. Applicants may be selected and invited to attend an audition at a time and location to be decided at the sole discretion of the Organiser whose decision will be final and binding.
10. Completion of an application does not guarantee that an applicant will receive an audition or participate in the Show.
11. If you are under 18 years of age, you will be required to obtain the permission of your parents or legal guardians before applying. If your age group changes before the date of the auditions, the Organiser reserves the right to move you into more appropriate age group.
12. If you are under 18 years of age and you are invited to audition, you must be accompanied by your parents or legal guardians at the audition. Proof of age will be required at the auditions.
13. You hereby warrant that you have the right to be in the UK, perform in the Show and take up any related prize and/or prize agreement and further, that you are able to demonstrate such right on request by the Organiser at any time and you agree to notify the Organiser immediately of any change in your residential, education or employment status.
14. In the event that you are invited to attend an audition you hereby irrevocably grant all consents necessary for the Organiser to film and record such audition and to use recordings featuring your image and/or voice in connection with the Show and/or ancillary rights in the Show and to exploit the same in all media in perpetuity without the need for payment to you.
15. In the event that you are invited to attend an audition, you must ensure that you have obtained all necessary and proper immunisations for any animals involved in your act and you will provide to the Organiser all documentation or do any other acts as may be reasonably necessary for the Organiser to determine whether the animal is safe to participate in the Show. You must notify the Organiser, in advance, if you intend to:
a) perform physical and/or dangerous stunts, explaining the full nature of the stunt; or
b) use any form of equipment required as part of your act. You will be responsible for bringing such equipment (provided it is suitable for the audition location) and are responsible for ensuring that such equipment is safe and/or suitable for its purposes. Pyrotechnics are not permitted.
16. The Organiser does not cover any costs that applicants incur in order to audition for the Show.
17. Should you be selected to take part in the Show, further Rules may be introduced by the Organiser and you agree to abide by the terms therein.
18. All personal details and/or information given in your application either in this form or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading.
19. the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify you if you have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of the terms hereof.
20. You will not without the Organiser’s prior written consent disclose, publish or discuss with any third party any information relating to the Show, your appearance in the Show, the production team or any participants in the Show nor any other information which may come to your attention including without limitation in relation to the organiser, the Organiser or otherwise save where such information is already in the public domain.
21. You must disclose to the Organiser details of any unspent convictions other than driving offences which have not resulted in a ban or more serious sentence. You shall notify the Organiser immediately if there are any unspent criminal charges brought against you or if any information you provide in your application becomes inaccurate between now and the date of the Show.
22. Data Protection:
a) the Organiser takes your privacy very seriously. The information you provide about yourself as part of the application procedure will be used by the Organiser to assess whether or not to select you for the Show. If you are successful, this information may be used in connection with the production and promotion of the Show. By submitting this application form you consent to any information you provide, including without limitation any sensitive personal information, being used for these purposes.
b) the Organiser may use the information you provide to verify your age and identity and to carry out background checks with law enforcement and government agencies. the Organiser may share your information with the Media as part of the selection process and in connection with the production and promotion of the Show. the Organiser may also use the contact details provided to advise you of any relevant information relating to the OGT competition.